(Le) Poisson Rouge/LPR Presents, an internationally renowned live music and art brand, seeks a highly motivated, full-time Marketing Director to amplify the presence and profile of the brand in all its manifestations to its target demographics. A passion for the arts, deep understanding of analytics, and strong management skills are a must for this role.
The Marketing Director works in close collaboration with the Tech Department, Operations Staff, Booking Team, and Ownership to oversee marketing and PR for the company as a whole, as well as individual show marketing plans and publicity outreach.
The Marketing Director will be responsible for achieving ticket sales goals for over 500 events yearly, audience acquisition/retention, liaising with artists and their representatives, handling press releases and facilitating on-site requests, as well as managing audience experience and the LPR membership program.
- Creating targeted and individualized marketing campaigns for LPR and LPR Presents in-house and satellite concerts and events
- Oversee social media content calendar, manage LPR’s digital presence, and actively seek out new tools
- Brand management for Le Poisson Rouge, LPR Presents, The Gallery at LPR and Ensemble LPR.
- Developing, managing, and overseeing annual and show-specific marketing budgets
- Purchasing ad space and an ability to measure trackable goals in both the print and digital realm.
- Coordinating venue artwork as a brand and for individual shows.
- Manage placement of marketing materials such as posters and fliers around the venue and external partners, as well as managing promotional outreach.
- Overseeing, managing, and measuring email newsletter campaigns.
- Overseeing publicity, including creation of press releases and liaising with press contacts and publicists
- Oversee LPR’s membership program and identify opportunities for growth, analyze results, and work towards new goals
- Maintaining LPR website with staff, managing SEO, and working toward new goals.
- Managing publicity and marketing for Ensemble LPR.
- Managing publicity and marketing for LPR’s fully-functional art gallery, The Gallery at LPR
- Experience in overseeing and implementing digital strategies, including overhauls of websites, social media platforms, and work on mobile platforms a plus.
- Managing a staff of individuals, among them a Box Office Manager and Marketing Coordinator, as well as overseeing the LPR marketing internship program
- 2+ years experience in digital marketing, publicity, and branding
- Ability to lead a team, take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem-solve, and adhere to deadlines
- Strong writing skills and ability to pivot between writing styles (i.e. the difference between press releases versus social media posts, advertising content, etc.)
- Impeccable organizational and management skills with a strong attention to details.
- Experience with Social Media Marketing Tools and Search Marketing Tools (included but not limited to Facebook Business Manager, Instagram Advertising, Google AdWords, Google Double Click software, etc.)
- Mastery of Google Analytics
- SEO Optimization
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Including Docs and Sheets), WordPress, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite
- Deep understanding of Email Marketing Services (Emma, MailChimp, etc.) and ability to manage, analyze, and improve email newsletter deployment
- Experience with various ticketing platforms a plus.
- Knowledge of New York concert venues and arts communities a huge plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively lead a multi-faceted team
Start date: Immediately
Salary commensurate with experience and includes benefits. Send cover letter, resume, three references, contact information, writing samples and three shows you’ve recently enjoyed and why to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or in-person appointments please.
(Le) Poisson Rouge is an Equal Opportunity Employer.