LPR needs YOU!
(le) poisson rouge is currently seeking candidates for our Marketing Internship Program for the current semester and upcoming semester, below is a description:
(Le) Poisson Rouge Internship-Marketing
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
(Le) Poisson Rouge is an 1100-capacity music venue and multimedia art cabaret founded by musicians on the site of the historic Village Gate. We present concerts, multimedia events, special events and late-night programming in the flexible-use main space, which features acoustic engineering by the legendary John Storyk/WSDG (Electric Lady Studios, Jazz @ Lincoln Center). The adjoining Gallery is a fully functioning Art Exhibition space with quarterly installations, as well as an event and party space with diverse party bookings.
* Candidates must be able to commit to minimum two 4-hr shifts per week for 3-6 months
* Flexible schedule between the hours of 1pm-6pm
* Attendance and participation at planning meetings
* Proficient in MS Office Suite and internet research
* Excellent interpersonal and general communication skills
* Excellent time management skills and an intuitive self-starter
* Familiarity with the arts and local cultural resources ranging from classic to cutting-edge
* Mature and discreet conduct in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
* Experience working with diverse cultural and lifestyle demographics
PROJECTS & DUTIES:
LPR accepts 5 Interns per semester. The scope of each intern’s responsibilities is tailored to match the ability and interests of the successful candidates, but will fall in to the general category of Marketing & Promotions. The LPR Internship program emphasizes general knowledge acquisition, but each student will be entrusted with the direct management of projects. Expected duties may include the following:
o Maintain press archives and produce weekly internal news briefs
o Maintain internal marketing and informational displays
o Update LPR website and viral networking applications (MySpace, Facebook, etc)
o Assist with production and dissemination of press releases, marketing materials, mailings, and newsletters
o Assist with graphic design fulfillment and scheduling
o General office duties as required or assigned
* Invaluable experience working directly with the core management team of a major performance venue
* Professional, creative environment where you are valued as a key team member
* Can be individually structured to fulfill credit for college coursework
* Excellent letter of recommendation for your resume folio
* Opportunities for advancement within the organization
* LPR Staff privileges including free admission to LPR events and food, beverage, and merchandise discounts
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Marketing Internship. Please include your resume as a PDF attachment, as well as a brief letter of introduction detailing why you are interested in the position and what qualities would make you an exceptional candidate. LPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively cultivates diversity in the workplace.