WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR PHOTOGRAPHY INTERNS!
(Le) Poisson Rouge is an 1100-capacity music venue and multimedia art cabaret founded by musicians on the site of the historic Village Gate. We present concerts, multimedia events, special events and late-night programming in the flexible-use main space, which features acoustic engineering by the legendary John Storyk/WSDG (Electric Lady Studios, Jazz @ Lincoln Center). The adjoining Gallery is a fully functioning Art Exhibition space with quarterly installations, as well as an event and party space with diverse party bookings.
* Candidates must be able to commit to a minimum of shooting one show per week for 3-6 months
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Attendance and participation at planning meetings
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or comparable photo editing software
* Access to own photography equipment with ability to shoot in high-definition
* Excellent time management skills and an intuitive self-starter
* Familiarity with the arts and local cultural resources ranging from classic to cutting-edge
* Mature and discreet conduct in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
* Experience working with diverse cultural and lifestyle demographics
PROJECTS & DUTIES:
LPR is looking to hire 5 photography interns to photograph shows at least once a week. Previous photography experience is required, and concert photography experience is preferred. All candidates must be discreet during performances, and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
* Invaluable experience working directly with the core management team of a major performance venue
* Ability to expand one’s portfolio
* Professional, creative environment where you are valued as a key team member
* Can be individually structured to fulfill credit for college coursework
* Excellent letter of recommendation for your resume folio
* Opportunities for advancement within the organization
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Zan Emerson. Please include your resume as a PDF attachment, a short portfolio (preferably linked online), as well as a brief letter of introduction detailing why you are interested in the position and what qualities would make you an exceptional candidate. LPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively cultivates diversity in the workplace.