Are you looking to gain experience in the industry, broaden your horizons exponentially, see awesome music (fo’ free!), meet new people, & so much more? We are looking for a few passionate and hardworking individuals to join our marketing intern team for Fall 2016.
(Le) Poisson Rouge is a music venue and multimedia art cabaret founded by musicians on the site of the historic Village Gate. LPR presents concerts, multimedia events, special events, and late-night programming in the flexible-use main space, which features acoustic engineering by the legendary John Stork/WSDG (Electric Lady Studios, Jazz @ Lincoln Center). The adjoining Gallery at LPR is a fully functioning art exhibition space with quarterly installations, and also functions as a party space with a diverse array of literary events, comedy showcases, happy hours, and late night programming.
* Candidates must be able to commit to a minimum of two 4-hr shifts per week for 3-6 months
* Flexible schedule between the hours of 1pm-6pm Monday – Friday
* Attendance and participation at planning meetings
* Familiar with the venue & brand
* Social media savvy
* Proficient in MS Office Suite / Google docs
* research skills & attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal and general communication skills
* Must have a laptop
* Excellent time management skills and an intuitive self-starter
* Familiarity with the arts and local cultural resources ranging from classic to cutting-edge
* Mature and discreet conduct in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
* Experience working with diverse cultural and lifestyle demographics
* Knowledge of WordPress a plus!
* Must be seeking college credit in order to apply
PROJECTS & DUTIES:
LPR accepts up to 5 interns per semester. The scope of each intern’s responsibilities is tailored to match the ability and interests of the successful candidates, but will fall in to the general category of Marketing & Promotions. The LPR Internship program emphasizes general knowledge acquisition, but each student will be entrusted with the direct management of projects. Expected duties may include the following:
o Maintain press archives (print & online)
o Maintain internal marketing and informational displays/prepare out of house marketing materials
o Update LPR viral networking applications (social media)
o content creation / acquisition
o Assist with production and dissemination of press releases, marketing materials, etc
o Develop a marketing plan for an upcoming event
o General office duties as required or assigned
* Invaluable experience working directly with the core management team of a major performance venue
* Professional, creative environment where you are valued as a key team member
* Can be individually structured to fulfill credit for college coursework
* Excellent letter of recommendation for your resume folio
* Opportunities for advancement within the organization
* LPR Staff privileges including free admission to LPR events and food, beverage, & merchandise discounts
Send an email to email@example.com attn: Marketing Internship. Please include your resume as a PDF attachment, as well as a brief letter of introduction detailing why you are interested in the position and what qualities would make you an exceptional candidate.
LPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively cultivates diversity in the workplace.