LPR is seeking passionate, hardworking interns! If you love music and are looking to gain experience in the industry, then we want to hear from you! Interns at LPR will report directly to LPR’s marketing staff and work on marketing, publicity, branding, and more.
Le Poisson Rouge is a live music venue founded by musicians on the site of the historic Village Gate. LPR presents concerts, multimedia events, special events, and late-night programming in the flexible-use main space, which features acoustic engineering by the legendary John Stork/WSDG (Electric Lady Studios, Jazz @ Lincoln Center). The adjoining Gallery at LPR is a fully functioning art exhibition space with quarterly installations, and also functions as a party space with a diverse array of literary events, comedy showcases, happy hours, and late night programming.
* Candidates must be able to commit to a minimum of two 5-hr shifts per week for 3-6 months
* Flexible schedule between the hours of 11am-5pm
PROJECTS & DUTIES:
LPR accepts up to 5 Interns per semester. The scope of each intern’s responsibilities is tailored to match the ability and interests of the successful candidates, but will fall in to the general category of Marketing & Promotions. The LPR internship program emphasizes general knowledge acquisition, but each student will be entrusted with the direct management of projects.
Send an email to email@example.com attn: Marketing Internship. Please include your resume and a short writing sample as PDF attachments, as well as a brief letter of introduction detailing why you are interested in the position and what qualities would make you an exceptional candidate. Please submit your application by Friday, December 6th, 2019 for consideration.
LPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively cultivates diversity in the workplace.
Expected duties may include the following:
* Maintain press event listings and archives (print & online)
* Maintain internal marketing and informational displays/prepare out of house marketing materials
* Update and create content for LPR social media
* Create content for dissemination in dedicated email blasts and newsletter inclusions
* General office duties as required or assigned
* Track social media and ticketing stats
* Website maintenance and audits of event listings across a variety of verticals
* Social media savvy
* Proficient in MS Office Suite and internet research
* Excellent interpersonal and general communication skills
* Must have laptop
* Excellent time management skills and an intuitive self-starter
* Familiarity with the arts and local cultural resources ranging from classic to cutting-edge
* Mature and discreet conduct in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
* Experience working with diverse cultural and lifestyle demographics
* Knowledge of WordPress and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus!
Please note that this internship is unpaid.