Youngjoo Song – Piano
Alan Ferber – Trombone
Alex Sipiagin – Trumpet
Jon Gordon – Alto/Soprano Sax
Charles Pillow – Tenor Sax/Bass Clarinet
Table Seating Policy:
Table seating for all seated shows is reserved exclusively for ticket holders who purchase “Table Seating” tickets. By purchasing a “Table Seating” ticket you agree to also purchase a minimum of two food and/or beverage items per person. Table seating is first come, first seated. Please arrive early for the best choice of available seats. Seating begins when doors open. Tables are communal so you may be seated with other patrons. We do not take table reservations.
A standing room area is available by the bar for all guests who purchase “Standing Room” tickets. Food and beverage can be purchased at the bar but there is no minimum purchase required in this area.
All tickets sales are final. No refund or credits.
Youngjoo Song Septet
Youngjoo Song is one of Korea’s leading jazz pianists. After graduating Berklee College of Music and Manhattan School of Music, she was able to exponentially climb Korea’s Jazz charts in record sales and popularity where she then had multiple opportunities to perform with some of the most prominent artists from both Korea and the US. Her prompt escalation in the jazz world enabled her to record ten albums with distinguished labels such as EMI, Warner and Sony. Youngjoo Song is the first female jazz pianist from South Korea to perform at Blue Note NY as a headliner. Youngjoo Song continues to extend her love and knowledge of Jazz by teaching at multiple universities in South Korea. She shares her personal experiences with gospel and classical genres in her correlation to jazz.
• Performed at Blue Note NY, Smalls, Jazz at Kitano, Blue Whale, Regatta Bar etc.
• Performed with Steve Wilson, Mark Turner, Gretchen Parlato, Kendrick Scott, Marcus Gilmore, Vicente Archer, Rogerio Boccato, Nir Felder, Alen Ferber etc.
• Performed at Blue Note Jazz Festival on 2014 and 2015
• “Reflection”(10th Year Anniversary album ): Korean Music Awards 2016 “Best Jazz & Crossover – Jazz Album” nominee
• “Between” album: Korean Music Awards 2015 “Best Jazz & Crossover – Jazz Album” nominee
• “Tale of A City” album: Korean Music Awards 2012 “Best Jazz & Crossover – Jazz Album” winner
• “Love Never Fails” album: Korean Music Awards 2010 “Best Jazz & Crossover – Jazz Album” winner
• “Free to Fly” album: Korean Music Awards 2009 “Best Jazz & Crossover – Jazz Album” nominee