As a follow up to her critically acclaimed album “Promise”, composer / producer / performer Emily Wells will release an EP of B sides and studio recorded live arrangements March 3, 2017. With a belief in the sovereignty of melody to hold a song to itself, Wells consistently bends and re-renders her original works to almost entirely new forms in her live performances. Not wanting her months of touring to fall entirely to the ephemeral Wells has recorded a few of the arrangements in their new forms. In addition there are also a few unreleased compositions. She will tour in support of the EP in select US and European cities.
Praise for Wells’ latest full length “Promise” + Live performances:
• “Quietly transfixing…Ms. Wells works in the manner of what Walt Whitman called “a noiseless, patient spider,” sending out filament after filament until a structure begins to form.” –NEW YORK TIMES
• “The shape-shifting string virtuoso ignores genre boundaries while conjuring a uniquely affecting session of atmospheric folk…” – RED BULL MUSIC ACADEMY
• “Extraordinary, presenting a sort of ambient gospel-folk music that’s immersed in secular desires and experiences.” – NPR
• “…unconventional and rather moving..” – NOISEY
• “‘Promise’ is a record like few others – both tangible and smoky, guttural and delicate, it treads atop a thin sheet of ice throughout, yet remains unafraid to bask in the warmth of its creator.” – DIY